Saturday, September 7, 2013

California or melt


Yoda was getting itchy feet so we are back on the road again. This time we are headed to California to visit with some of our friends from the Alaska trip. I think Yoda is really stoked.



Friday we drove from home to Springfield, MO and spent the night at the Springfield KOA.
Wishing to avoid the big cities we took I-24W to TN Hwy 840 then I-40 W to Hwy 412 to I-155 to MO Hwy 53 to US Hwy 60. Most of the route was 4-lane and except for I-40 there was very little traffic. Gas prices ranged from $3.25/gal to $3.59/gal for reg.




Today we drove across Kansas.  Yoda was enthralled by the spectacular scenery.

And to make it even better, the temperature reached 106 deg F. and gas was $3.59/gal
Tonight we are in Goodland, KS, about 20 miles from Colorado and hopefully, cooler temps.
Stay tuned..


1 comment:

  1. Goodland is one of our favorite stops on the way to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete