Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Plymouth, MA Monday Sept 5th

Yoda is always the last one to leave a party.


On Monday Rich and Terry headed back home, so Bruce, Sue, Nancy and I took a short drive to Plymouth, Mass.  First we visited Plimouth Plantation (Yes, I spelled it correctly), a reproduction of Plymouth Village and  a Native American village, a museum and a craft center. Costumed reenactors explained life in the 1600's.







That's some woodpile!


Reproduction of Plymouth village in 1600's

The Meeting House and Fort

Sue and Nancy try to decide if the flowers and palm tree are real or fake

Yoda hamming it up as usual

Typical New England architecture


Mayflower II



"I must be seasick, I'm green.....no wait....."


Not allowed to stand on the rock, but at least I got my shadow on it.
We then went into Plymouth for lunch then visited Plymouth Rock and a working reproduction of the Mayflower. After a little shopping and sightseeing we headed back to Bruce and Sue's house to relax.  Everyone was still tired from the clambake preparations and clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment