Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Great Pains


Today we started across the Great Plains which caused great pains in my you know what. We drove 581 miles today from Rock Port, Mo to Rapid City, SD.

 Had great weather, temps in the 60s and 70s.  Yoda even decided to soak up a little sun.

We saw lots more flooding all across Iowa and S. Dakota but everything is very green and pretty.

 


Later Yoda decided to do a little mirror surfing.  The wind wafting through his hair and the great expanse before him must have given him pause to think more great thoughts.


Finally the grassy plains gave way to the edge of the Badlands


Today's gas prices ranged from $2.39 to 2.69.  Camping last night was $25 and $44 tonight but the hot tub was worth it.


2 comments:

  1. OK..I really did copy your idea of putting up maps with the path on them, but I am not really copying your Yoda idea. We have a beaver that we were going to take and put in photos & videos throughout the trip. I probably will copy the idea of the talk bubble coming out of his mouth though. I wonder where the kids have hidden it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that the title of this post was "Great Pains" instead of "Great Plains" the first time I read it.

    ReplyDelete